Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Last Day for Teachers

While Friday was the last day for the students, Monday was the day for the teachers at my (student teaching) school to pack up.  The classroom next to mine had a teacher retire in late November.  She was replaced with a male teacher who doesn't like any clutter.  He is a teaching minimalist in fact, a rare enigma in this profession!  Both the outgoing and incoming teachers encouraged me to come in at the end of the year for some materials. 


So I made that hour long drive one more time this year to see what I might be able to acquire.  In addition to the goodies from their third grade classroom, I hit up the break room where the "FREE!" table had grown exponentially to take over the entire room.  I left with my car loaded up and dread of what my boyfriend would say when I brought it into the house.  It wasn't all for me though!  I was thinking of my two best friends and knew that they would find loving homes in their classrooms for the items which were more on the primary side (I hope to teach intermediate grades).  Before I even left the school, I made plans for them to visit on Wednesday.

I've unpacked and my dining room table is laden with goodies for the girls!  Can't wait to see them tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment