Sunday, June 10, 2012

As Green as Grass...

In the first chapter of his book, Tools for Teaching, Fred Jones lists four predictable stages that all teachers go through as they take on a classroom and "progress through the learning curve" of classroom management.  I am at Stage 1: As Green as Grass.  In this stage, I am at the beginning of my career and class has not yet begun.*   I have hopes and aspirations to be the loving teacher who the students respect and listen intently to. 

I am channeling Miss Honey of Roald Dahl's novel Matilda and the subsequent 1996 movie.  I am a teacher that every child will simply love; I am gentle and nurturing in my quest to show all children that learning can be a fun adventure.  So here's to the adventure!  




*Disclosure: I don't actually have a class / job yet, more on that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment